Good news for our current and future project partners – Interreg IPA CBC Programme Croatia – Bosnia and Herzegovina – Montenegro will continue in the financial period 2021-2027.
The EU Member States are currently negotiating the legal basis for the future Cohesion Policy including Interreg. Eight thematic priorities used in 2014-2020 Interreg IPA programmes will be replaced by five policy objectives for ERDF:
- A smarter Europe – innovative and smart economic transformation;
- A greener, low-carbon Europe;
- A more connected Europe – mobility and regional ICT connectivity;
- A more social Europe – implementing the European Pillar of Social Rights;
- Europe closer to citizens – sustainable and integrated development of urban, rural and coastal areas through local initiatives.
Two Interreg-specific objectives are set out in the proposed regulation:
- better Interreg governance;
- a safer and more secure Europe.
For more information about the future legal framework and the budget of Cohesion Policy please visit the official website of the European Commission.
The discussion between the participating countries on the future Programme will start in the second half of this year. We will keep you informed about the state of play of the programming.